Friday 19 April 2013

Week 16 Challenge - New Home

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  From next week we will be bringing a new feature to the Polkadoodle and Studio 12 blog - each week a member of the Design Team will post a tutorial just before the challenge goes live and to make it easier for you to find them, there will be a new tab at the top of the page which will link directly to all our tutorials!  See how good we are to you!!  Watch out for the very first tutorial from next week!

Anyway!  Onto this weeks challenge!  But before we do that we need to announce the top three from Week 14 Challenge which was Pink and Brown.  Some really lovely creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Annie - you win an Emma Canning cd - Digi Stamp Heaven!  - please use the code PD1W1614 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Suzilou - you win an Emma Canning download - please use the code PD2W1614
3rd Place - Sharon G - you win an Emma Canning download - please use the code PD3W1614

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:

New Home

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 28 April at 12noon GMT! 


Ruth:  I decided not to make a card for this challenge and went for a welcome bottle theme!  I've made a posh bottle tag (I'm sure there is a proper description for it somewhere!) and used some Polkadoodle papers that I found in my stash and an image that I printed off nearly 4 years ago when Sugar Birdies was first released!  I've decoupaged the image, coloured the birdies and added stickles here and there.  And its all modeled on a bottle of bubble bath!



Lou: Here is my project using a plethera of Studio 12 stamps. I have stamped the images on to water colour card and then mounted on to felt. I then created a canvas with all the images, layering the houses up, creating clouds and paths from felt. Even the trees are stamped on to felt and then added ...



Lucy: For this challenge I decided to do a tag for my friend who has just moved. I sprayed the tag with Dylusion Inks and drew the border with marker pens. The image was stamped with the Be Neighbours clear stamps. The image, butterfly and flower were coloured with Pro Markers


Anjie: For this weeks challenge I have made a canvas. I have used images from the Studio 12 CD-rom.- Picknix Collection 1. I printed the background paper onto some printable canvas and glued it onto a cheap canvas I bought from one of those cheap shops. I then printed all the other elements onto printable canvas and glued them in place. I cut out the bunting and glued it on using silicone gel to give it a 3D effect.


JAN:  I made a 6x6" card for this week's challenge, using papers, image and lettering from the fabulous 'Sugarplum Daisy CD'. All layered up with a little kraft card and some polkadot organza ribbon.


Pinky - For this challenge I used the Picknix Collection 1 cd for the tree and the sentiment. The little house is a stamp from the Stamp Doodles range. I coloured it with promarkers and flex markers along with the grass. I 3d the house in front of the tree, machine stitched round the edges and punched some butterflies and coloured them with matching promarkers. I finished with a little bit of glitter on the tree blossoms.


Lizzie - This week I made a Card and a box!


First the card ..... I used the Stampies from the CD All Around and Everywhere. Both the houses and tree Stampies. To make them large enough to make a card with I enlarged the view on them and used the printing option of current view.


I used double sided foam to give dimension, I also cut out doors and window boxes to help the dimension.
Of course I had to glitter it up using my Stickles ! The doors, roofs, window boxes and bits of the trees all got glittered ! The fence is a Marianne die. I basically layered all of these onto a rectangle card!

Secondly I made a box!  Again I used foam to layer up the images from the CD All Around and Everywhere, the Marianne die for the fence, a Martha Stewart Punch for the edge of the lid. The tag and leaves on top were both made using Marianne dies. Flowers are Prima with gems added !!



Margaret:  I made an easel card for the challenge using an image from Sugarplum daisy CD and cut 3 images and decoupaged up the house the trees are from All around and Everywhere  The bunting is made from papers from the same cd and cut using spellbinders dies



Kim - I made a 'New Home' card using a variety of images that I 'merged' together from Picknix 1 cd-rom, with the scenery, tree house and then flowers. I printed off clouds and added them as raised embellies, and the signpost (with added wording). The backing paper is also from the Picknix1 cd and then added a diecut edge and ribbon and buttons from stash


Shell-For my card this week I've used the row of house's from the All around and everywhere cd, the papers are from the gingerbread twist cd (I think) I already had it printed out in my pile of papers. I then added a bit of ribbon and lace with a few pearls to finish.


Clare - This week I chose to use images and sentiments from Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD. I made a large 8x8 card for my Niece who has just moved into her first home. I have kept it fairly simple as I know my Niece will frame this and put on one of her walls!!!! I have layered the tree and bird houses for dimension. I have added little embellishments from my stash and finished the image off with Stickles Glitter Glue and gems on the flowers.


Good luck with the challenge - the rules are at the start of this post and the deadline is Sunday 28 April at 12noon GMT.



5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all these DT projects and cards! And they are all from a CD? I have to go check that out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats to the winning three... lovely creations!

    Great projects from the DT!! Smiles.

    Hugs,
    K.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome DT cards and fab challenge. Thanks for choosing me as one of the winners last challenge...whoo hoo...cool...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration each week, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title name of the challenge and great inspiration from the design team.

    Love LPH x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!