Friday 21 September 2012

Week 38 - Inspired By A Song Title

Hello everyone, Friday is here again (where did the week go?!) so it's time for a new challenge. This week's theme is Inspired By A Song Title and as you'll see below, a lot of the Design team have been thinking about Christmas which seems to be looming up ever faster each year.

I do have some slightly disappointing news in that the shows our Dee was doing on Saturday have now been cancelled but never fear, we'll let you know the new dates as soon as we have them and in the meantime if you hop on over to the Studio 12 Blog, there's still a chance to enter for some fabulous candy so if you haven't yet entered, what are you waiting for!

Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 36 which was 'What's The Word Bird'.   We had a wonderful number of entries and its been difficult to choose a top three, but without further ado they are:
First Place: Linda Simpson - Please use verification code PD1W3836
Second Place: Marilyn S
Third Place: Kali

Congratulations to you all! Linda, please email Nikky for your prize and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.  Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1. Please follow the challenge theme!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section
The challenge ends on Sunday 30 September at 12noon GMT.

Now onto the Design Team creations!

Fabiola- Hello guys! I decided for my project to use one of Emma Canning's new images, Angel. I have used papers from the Sugarplum Daisy CD, buttons and fibers from my stash. I have colored my image with Copic markers and Promarkers. I have also added some polyester glitter to her wings. My card is inspired by one of my favorite songs by Robbie Williams Angels.

Fliss - Well, I'm sure you only need to take a quick peek at my card to see which song has inspired my creation! All the elements are from the Here Comes Christmas CD and I've added some glittery punched snowflakes and a bit of dry embossing with a snowflake folder together with some inking to showcase my favourite snowman.

JAN: Well, it just had to be done! If I mention Rudolph - do I need to say any more! I've also used the 'Here Comes Christmas' CD to print papers, sentiments and the gorgeous little reindeer to make my card. Added embellishments from my stash include some kraft card for layering, a piece of blue polkadot ribbon and a die-cut snowflake to which I added crystal glitter. Oh, and don't forget a little red gem for Rudolph's nose. All together now - 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer', I think you know the rest!

Shell-My card this time uses the new Gingerbread Twist Studio 12 CD rom. I have been inspired by one my Favourite Robbie Williams song's Angels..I have coloured the beautiful image with copics and promarkers.



Claire - Oh Jan great minds and all that. Yes Rudolph and his red nose is with us again this time from the lovely Gingerbread Twist Studio 12 Cd along with paper and sentiment from the same cd. Just some added doodling and stickles!

NJ Well a happy hello from me. I have chosen a Christmas song that I always listen to every year. I have used the Here Comes Christmas CD. My card shows the song 'Frosty The Snowman'. I've inked the background with distress ink and used a snowflake punch and finished with stickles.

Ruth:  Well, I've gone for 'O Christmas Tree' but I would rather be dreaming of a White Christmas!  The wonderful papers and image are from the new Studio 12 Picknix Collection cd - Gingerbread Twist.  Snowflake has been made by layering vellum and left over scraps of paper with foam pads - Marianne Creatable die - and then adding pearls to the centre.  Ribbon is from my stash.

Claire - I used the Here Come Christmas CD for the papers and image. Rudolph has been covered with flock, had his antlers glittered and nose Glossy Accented. The wreath as been made from various die cuts.

Patty - For my card I used one of the Gingerbread boy image from the Gingerbread twist CD I found them so adorable and love the toasted colour!!  And so many images  to mix them with… this CD is one of my FAV for now!!
Since the challenge theme was a Christmas song – this card reminded me of the jingle bells song but it did not match so I started listening to Christmas songs and the We wish you a Merry Christmas song was perfect!
So I added the lyrics as a border at the bottom…. I love bows so I thought it was the perfect embellishment to finish this card….. I love how it turned out!!! What do you think?

So there you have your inspiration and isn't it all fabulous! You have until 12 noon on 30 September to enter and please do make sure you check the rules first.

..........................

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for choosing my card (2nd place) for the Bird is the Word Challenge.
    Marilyn S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners and fabulous cards again from the team x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i`m very new to blogging & just entered a card but could not find where to comment about it (sorry if being an idiot lol) The song is Chris D`Burg `Lady in red` thank you for any help....from a confused newbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards as always - I had trouble getting my pic to show up for my entry - hopefully it will show up soon.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome DT work, great challenge. Thanks I hope it loaded my card ok. Seems to be issues.. Sure link works though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge - I had fun with this one ;)
    Thanks for the inspiration from the team too... gorgeous as ever! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there thanks so much for all the lovely work by the DT have joined over for the very fist time and added your blinkie to my side bar too!! thanks for sharing Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this challenge, and fab cards from the DT.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooop sorry my card's appeared twice, please can you delet one, 24 or 25.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!