Friday 14 September 2012

Week 37 - Ice Cream Colours

Welcome to another Polka Doodles challenge! The theme this week is Ice Cream Colours - something to remind you of summer (or rather the rain for the UK!)
Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 35 which was 'Flowers'.   We had a wonderful number of entries and its been difficult to choose a top three, but without further ado they are:
First Place: Amanda Davis - Please use verification code PD1W3735
Second Place: Suzi
Third Place: Jayne

Congratulations to you all! Amanda, please email Nikky for your prize and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.  Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1. Please follow the challenge theme!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

The challenge ends on Sunday 23 September at 12noon GMT.

Now onto the Design Team creations!

Ruth:  Mine is raspberry ripple - a throw back to my childhood!  I've used a fab Emma Canning digi - Millie Birthday and coloured her with Promarkers.  Papers are from a Polkadoodle cd although I'll do and sit on the naughty step as I can't remember which cd!  X cut dies have been used and a swirly one from Marianne Creatables.  The felt roses (which are not quite that fluorescent in real life) have been cut with a Memory Box Die.  A bit of faux stitching and its all done!


Norine - Mmmm...you had me at ice cream!  I did this card in Neopolitan colors.  Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla.  My favorite flavor when I was a kid!  The brown dot paper is from the Pretty Tuff cd, the pink paper is from the Sugarplum Daisy cd and the image is from the Pretty Sweet cd.  Fiskars punch, CheeryLyn and Spellbinders dies from my stash.


Lucy~ The ice cream I was thinking of was raspberry ripple! So I tried to incorporate those colours! The backing papers are from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD Rom, the digi image is from the Pretty Sweet CD Rom. Coloured with Pro Markers and Flexi Markers.


Miria I'm Italian, ice-cream is very popular in our country. I made this card thinking about chocolate and walnut flavours, mmm! The coloured stampie and papers are from cd Pretty Sweet and the sentiment is from Double Sprinkles of Kraft. Enjoy!


Clare - Yum! chocolate and strawberry are my ice creams of choice!!!!!. I have made something a little different this week but still ties in with some yummy norty foods!!!. I have made a chocolate card. It makes a really nifty pressie which combines a card and gift in one. I have used Paper Boutique 111 for the gorgeous polka dot paper and Picknix Collection 1 for the images. I have used Martha Stewart punches and the chocolate bar is from Tesco!!!!



Fliss - Bet you didn't think you'd see a Christmas card here which came about because my favourites are coffee ice cream and raspberry sorbet, both perfect for a Christmas creation. My card uses the cute little robin, papers and sentiment all from the fab Here Comes Christmas CD, prettied up with some pinked edges and glitter card.



Good luck, please don't forget our rules and the challenge ends on Sunday 23 September at 12noon GMT.  We seem to be having a few problems with the Linky tool but it still works although no picture will be displayed - we're working on rectifying it!


8 comments:

  1. My entry is number 1 but I got an 'internal error' message when I tried to link up so here's my card:

    http://www.craftinghelen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/a-little-note.html

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the icecream colours. I have entered, think your linky is playing up. janex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners and great cards too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the top three, especially the winner Amanda Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Design team samples and what a fun challenge! Ice Cream is always a good thing! Not sure if my linky worked right so here is a link to my entry...

    http://www.lovesrubberstamps.com/2012/09/yummy-frostingoh-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Mr.Linky is behaving today girls so may want to give it a go and resubmit your entries. Have a good weekend. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have any problems accessing my link at number 2 above can you please try this link instead

    I have had reports that my blog is not loading from the original link

    Lin xx

    PS As usual, gorgeous DT work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you please delete entry no. 12 as it has the wrong url pasted to it.
    My favourite ice cream is Vanilla so I have posted an all cream card.
    Maureen....x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!