Friday 20 April 2012

B Week 16 - Red and White colour challenge/Stashbox Stamp

Hello everyone, NJ here. I hope you can all feel the buzz of excitement in the air with the pre-order of the Pen & Paper Circle Issue 3 now available. Issue 2 has just been sent out and if you are one of the lucky recipients who got your orders in I am sure you are all loving the fabulous tutorials from some of the design team. Don't forget too that Nikky is on our screens on the 24th & 25th on Create & Craft. Check out the Polkadoodles Website for a  fabulous selection of crafty goodies including Marianne Design Dies so many lovely ones to choose from. Marianne Design have a wide selection of crafting goodies including dies, papers and stamps too.  Also look at the fabulous selection of Polkadoodles CD'S and other products, there's always something new every week!

Before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from the Week 14 / Big Birthday challenge who have also each won a copy of the new Sugarplum Daisy CD...

1st place - Kimbo  , 2nd place -  Sandy's Stamping Scene, 3rd place - Jaybe
Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prizes and blinkies! Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Onto this weeks challenge which has been set by Enfys. As it is nearly St. George's Day we would like to see a red & white colour theme. Here's what the design team have made, this time they were allowed to use a stamp from their stash... the winner of this Challenge will receive a copy of our fabulous Sundae of Seasons CD.

Emma Hello there, I have used a favourite stamp with some Marianne Design Creatable die cuts along with some of the gorgeous stamps that were in the first issue of Polkadoodles Pen and Paper Circle. I made my own backing paper with the stamps, coloured everything with Distress Inks and then finished the flower with a fancy brad.
Nelly Welcome to another Polka doodle challenge :) for this weeks card I have used Fairy Flutterfly rubber stamps set "Maggie" and coloured her with promarkers. The red and white polka dot design paper is taken from Sundae of seasons cd and the toadstools that 'Maggie' is relaxing on came from the new Sugar Plum Daisy CD, the flower and butterfly edging trim is a stamp set by Marianne Design.
NJ Hello everyone, for my red & white theme and stashbox stamp I've used the Polkadoodles Dragonfly Neighbours Clear Stamp along with the Sundae of Seasons CD. The sentiment is from the Paper Boutique Volume 3 CD and the decorative paper the image is matted onto is from Marianne Design. I coloured the image with Polychromo pencils.
Lou: I have decided to make a dreaded "male" card for this weeks challenge using papers from the Pretty Tuff CD (although I have sneeked a little blue in there too .... lol ). The sentiment stamp was a freebie on a craft magazine which makes a great sign. The arrow is hand cut and so are the traffic lights which has been finshed off with buttons (coloured with Promarkers). A really quick and simple card.
Shell-I loved making this card, I used 4 cd's for this one. The papers are from Pretty Tuff, the tickets and sentiments are from Sugarplum Daisy and the image is of course off Pretty Sweet and lastly the fabulous flowers are from the Sundae of Seasons...the image was coloured with a mix of copics and pro markers.
Claire - My worst nightmare - Red and White and a Stashbox Stamp LOL. So I went for a Christmas card this week. I used the some of the elements from the fantastic Pond Neighbours Clear Stamp Set to create a mini scene in the aperture of my card before giving it a sprinkle of texture paste, Glossy Accents and glitter.  The snowflake die is from Marianne Design (LR0125).
Dee - I have used papers and image from the Sugarplum Daisy Cd. I've also used Polka Doodles sentiment stamps and bird stamp which I stamped on the main image sheet, and then on the polka dot paper, cut out and fixed over the first one with 1mm foam pads.
Norine - I loved this red and white challenge and I kind of got a bit carried away and ended up with two cards!! I didn't actually use any stamps from my stash because I didn't feel like any of my own went with the challenge well enough. The first card uses an image from the SugarPlum Daisy cd and paper from the Magical Winter 1 cd. The addition of some velvet ribbon, gems and a paper doily complete this pretty any occasion card!
The second card uses images from the Sundae of Seasons cd paired with matching PolkaDoodles paper. I used a Spellbinders die and an embossing folder to create the background and then layered the printed and hand cut images on top.
Shary - Here's my red and white card for this week's theme. Although it's a feminine card I've used the papers from the Pretty Tuff CD, even the punched flowers are from the same paper. I've added a little gem to the middles. The bird cage is a die by Marianne Designs which I die cut and then distressed a little and added a bow. The sentiment is from Candy Doodles which I cut out and inked around the edges. I've paper pieced the girl with the same Pretty Tuff papers.
Joanna: For this card I used all my favourites ;). The super delicious papers are from Sundae of Seasons and Love & Cherish CDs. The sweet image is from the Pretty Sweet CD and I coloured it with Inktense pencils. The magical sentiment is from our newest release - Sugarplum Daisy. To embellish the card I created some dimensional flowers from the same papers using Marianne's Design CR1202 die and the gorgeous leaf is Marianne's LR0150 die. The flowers centres were also decorated with a touch of Liquid Pearls.


Diane  For our Red and White Challenge to celebrate St. George’s Day, strawberries and toadstools seemed like good subjects to use – not often featured together but I hope you like it! The paper from the Sugarplum Daisy CD was perfect for the strawberry theme and the red and white.
So there is our inspiration for this challenge - you have until Sunday 29th April to enter!
Entries close at noon GMT - good luck!






12 comments:

  1. A big 'thankyou' for choosing my card as third place winner in the Big Birthday challenge. Fantastic DT inspiration, as always - I'm off to search out some 'red & white' goodies to play with now. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hat! Love the matching card. Awesome.I just found your blog and want to say thank you! What an enjoyable time looking through so many sites. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the DT creations - there is something classy about red and white :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope I've done everything right. Happy St Georges Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this challenge, I love red and white! I don't know why, but I really had a hard time getting my URL to upload properly. It keeps going to a previous entry. In any case here is the proper one, thanx! http://www.bigislandlady.blogspot.com/2012/04/fun-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this challenge - my first time entry! Working with red & white made me happy, happy, happy - just love those two colours together! I really enjoyed looking through all the stunning designs so thank you for your inspiration. :)

    I'm not sure if I have linked up right (as first time trying)so I've left my blog post here as well: http://craftycatdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/time-for-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the DT's inspiration! Great challenge this week - my favourite colour combo. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creations from the DT. Thank you for the fun challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Can't believe you gave me first place for the Big Birthday Challenge. Lots of inspiration form the design team but Dee's card really made me smile :) Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great challenge, big bright and bold. I have just added my entry. Such beautiful cards from the design team, crafty hugs, Julie-Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a chance to enter and win... Good Luck to everyone.........This was a hard challenge for me. I started thinking and though of apples.........

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first challenge entry & I'm really hoping the link worked. I got an error so added the photo instead of the link. The link to my post is below just in case. http://timeforteadesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/red-white-challenge-polkadoodles.html
    I loved the challenge & am a big Polkadoodles fan. I will definitely be taking part in more. I hope you like my entry xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!