Friday 13 January 2012

Week 2 - Vintage/Retro

Hi there,

We hope everyone is back in to the swing of things now 2012 is truely underway. We had some amazing entrants in our Challenge 50 - Through the Window challenge, it was so hard to choose but our winners are

1st place: Michaela 2nd place:Pauline 3rd place:  Donna - well done to all of you!
Please email Nikky for your blinkies
Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the link below - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off
especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.
Hello there everyone, it's Fliss here with the challenge details for this week and I've been a bit naughty as I'm on Team A and this is really a Team B week - tee hee! The reason for this is that my younger daughter will be turning 21 in just a few days and I wanted to pick a theme which she loves as much as I do which is why I chose Vintage or Retro.

Fliss: My card is Sarah's 21st card and I chose a sewing theme as she's doing a fashion degree. The gorgeous dress form, sentiment and pincushion are from the Sundae Of Seasons CD and I printed them out on beige parchment card for a vintage look. I used papers all from the Pretty Sweet CD and an embossed panel of recycled kraft paper. I finished off with some lovely embellishments.



lis-m ; For my card I have used "Pretty Tuff" for the whole thing... i love this little boy image . I have coloured him with Promarkers, and added a couple of buttons to finish.



Nelly; I made two cards for this weeks theme and couldn't choose so for my easel card I have used images and design papers from the Pretty Sweet CD and for the retro card i have used Sugar Birdies CD Candy Doodles CD and Pretty Sweet CD



Clare:- I've gone for a sixties feel, retro card. Very plain and simple to fit the sixties style.


The papers are from the Polka Doodles "Candy Doodles" CD, the colours were a great match for my Flexmarkers. The flowers are black and white stampies from the "Sugar Birdies" CD and the image is from the Polka Doodles "Meeshelle" Fairy Flutterby" rubber stamp set.

Norine: For my card this week I had fun exploring all the CD's again and decided on a vintage card with paper and images from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I love the subtle colors and designs and when paired with distressed, inked edges and scruffy lace, you have an easy to make vintage card for almost any occasion.


Shell- For my card this week I went with vintage, the Papers and the adorable image are from the Pretty Sweet cd, I have distressed the edges with distress inks, the flowers are die cut using a page from an old book.


Supplies: Pretty Sweet CD

Louise For my card I have used this cute image from the Double sprinkle of kraft CD and coloured with copics.


Dee: I've used a selection of papers and a sentiment from the mini CD Pretty Sweet this week. I decided not to use an image and just concentrate on the papers, so I've used quite a few Spellbinder dies. I've even added some of my favourite spotty ribbon to this pretty card. Everything has been edged with an Old Paper distress inkpad.


Shary For my card this week I've gone for vintage. I used coordination card and sanded it and embossed it. The papers are from the Pretty Tuff CD and I've distress inked them around the edges. The image is two of the stamps from the Magic Neighbours range. I've coloured them with Copics and lightly gone over with the distress ink. And finally the sentiment is from the Fairy Flutterby Babsie set. I punched the flowers out of the Pretty Tuff papers and inked them too , also adding a little pearl to the middles.




Diane My card this week uses the stamp Fairy Flutterfly Babsie and I've coloured her with Copics and Prisma pencils and given her a very girly, vintage setting. All the papers are from the Pretty Sweet Mini CD Collection.


Joanna: For this week's vintage theme I looked for inspiration in Not For Girls CD and oh boy, this CD is full of vintage goodness! My papers are a mixture of Not For Girls and Paper Boutique vol III CDs and the tickets, sentiment and alphas are from Not For Girls CD. A lot of distressing with distress inks later and my card was finished! ;).

Carol : This week I decided to use the Pretty Sweet cd rom and printed these dps off as well as the image which I have coloured in with Copics.



Colette For my vintage card I have used the Not for Girls CD's printed one of the plain papers onto my card for the background and then layered more papers and the vintage cars poster on top. I have added some grosgrain ribbon, brads and a mini bulldog clip to finish it off.



10 comments:

  1. Hi Everyone
    Thank you very much for picking me as a winner of the "Through the window challenge". I am over the Moon being picked and so grateful.The recipient of that card loved it as well.
    Thank you again.

    Happy New Year to everyone!
    Michaela xx

    P.S. As always loving all the DT cards. Such a feast for my eyes! So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great theme and great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all winners and what a beautiful collection of the DT samples this week! ;))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations by the design team. I love the one with the bird and rose - stunning.
    Thanks for this challenge.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great winning entry and inspiration projects from all at the design team. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for placing my card in second place for the 'Through the Window' challenge.
    Gorgeous DT inspiration again, thanks for the new vintage challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage theme! Good luck everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a lovely challenge, it really made me think! There are some lovely cards here, such an inspiration..x

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the challenge ang

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brill, Im looking forward to making my entry to this weeks challenge and wish to apply for the giveaway please xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!