Friday 25 June 2010

Week 25 Challenge - Boy's Birthday

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to another week at Polkadoodles where it is my turn (Brenda) to host the challenge again.

But before I talk about that, we have to remind all you avid Doodlers that you need to make sure you tune into Ideal World/Create and Craft this Sunday 27th June at 2pm to see the boss, the oh so talented Nikky launch her brand new CD, Paper Boutique vol II - Creative Christmas. The lucky DT have been having an advanced play with the CD to create samples for the show and I can tell you it's fabulous, one you won't want to miss.

You can also get your mitts on the CD by pre-ordering and having a sneaky peek at what it's all about here - this will be the only CD you need to buy for Christmas this year! Make sure you snaffle the remote control from the OH and tune in for a craft fix before the England kickoff !!

Next I need to deal the winners of Netties Nursery Rhyme theme and my did you enjoy that one. Some absolutely fabulous entries, but alas we can only have three winners and those lucky peeps who should mail Nikky for your winners blinkies are:

1st: Fiona

For this weeks challenge I am going with a bit of a Birthday theme as this weekend, my hubby, myself, grandson and one of my granddaughters all have birthdays, nothing like cramming them in together is there. It would have been easy to go with a girly theme, but as we all find male cards a challenge I thought it would be good to go with:
Something for a Boy
So a card or anything else you would like to create which you think would appeal to a lad, I am really looking forward to seeing your creations. And of course the DT have come up with some fab projects as usual to get your creative juices flowing.

Brenda - I used the Paper Boutique CD, printed out a few extra stars, added some eyelets and fibres to the spine and stickles to the stars. This one is for our daughter to give our Grandson.

Kerry - I went back to one our first CD's for my card this week - Candy Doodles. I love the little planes, trucks and cars that are in the boys section of the CD and did some paper piecing with them. I've made the card for a friends son who is 2 in August.


Tracy I used the All Around and Everywhere CD for everything apart from the Scooter which is from the Not For Girls CD Rom.


Lisa - I used the All Around and Everywhere CD for the background, the cupcake and the sentiment. Those colorful banners always remind me of a fun celebration!


Kris: I thought of a baby boy and used the star cake and backing paper from Paper Boutique Vol 1 along with a rub-on, some computer-generated words and stacked diecuts (numeral 2).

Jenny I couldn't resist using the cute little car stampie from Candy Doodles to make this card for a little lad. All of the papers and elements came from the Candy Doodles CD except for the frames which are on All Around and Everywhere. And the number 5 Alphie made a perfect little badge!

Nettie: I have kept it quite simple this week. It's my nephew's birthday coming up and he is as the card reads, a ... Cheeky Monkey. I have cut out the funky monkey from the Paper Boutique CD and layered up both the front and back image. I have also used some printed acetate, so that you can see the image well.


Tracie: I have used the "not so plain plains" and "retro robots" from Not for Girls to make a boy themed tri fold shutter card.
Claire - Great minds think alike Tracie - I love those robots as well! I have gone for an easel fold with sonme added doodly wire.

Ruth: I've also used the Son word card from Paper Boutique at A5. All the elements have been cut out and added to the card - this is a really nice and quick card to make. A bit of doodling around the edges with a black Sharpie marker and some glitter glue on the stars.


 Fliss - I've made a very simple card with my great nephew in mind as he'll be 3 years old soon and I just know he'll love the cute snail from the All Around & Everywhere CD. I used backing paper from the Candy Doodles CD and printed my sentiment on one of the Not So Plain Plains from the Not For Girls CD.


The deadline for entries is 12noon GMT on Sunday 4 July and please remember that a maximum of 10 challenges can be entered with your link including this Polkadoodle challenge.
Good luck!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking my card in 2nd place - I am chuffed to bits. Thanks for the inspiration for men's cards DT samples excellent as always.

    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girls
    great challenge, gorgeous DT cards, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [25 Jun 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for the 3rd place mention....and thanks for the fun again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love a challenge =) and i keep browsin' for more

    http://stamper69.blogspot.com/2010/06/bottled-bug.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boys cards can be soooo tough but the DT made a great go of this challenge this week! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your challenge came at the perfect time. Had to make a Birthday card for a going to be 9 year old. Thanks for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your challenges - they are sooooo fun xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!